Contact Anna Katherine Ross
HSLDA is a Christian non-profit advocacy organization that equips homeschooling families to provide the best educational experience for their children.
We are in the process of enhancing our educational services for the Spanish-speaking community and are looking for a part-time Bilingual Educational Consultant. This person will support Spanish- and English-speaking homeschoolers and those considering homeschooling pre-k through the high school years, including parents who have students with special needs by providing expert knowledge, relevant networking, and empathetic nurturing through in-person and virtual connections to those we serve.
What You Will Be Doing
- Assisting with initiating outreach to Hispanic homeschoolers and leaders, facilitating ongoing relationships and support to them.
- Replying to incoming webmail from HSLDA members regarding homeschooling children pre-k through High School—including homeschooling students with special needs—in Spanish or English depending on their language preference.
- Fielding incoming calls from members seeking advice about early years, high school and special needs homeschooling and suggestions regarding curricula, teaching resources, and instructional strategies both in Spanish and English.
- Writing articles, brochures, and other requested materials for HSLDA’s Court Report, blogs, state organization magazines, etc. in both Spanish and English.
- Traveling to and speaking at homeschool conferences, support groups, and symposiums; includes developing power point presentations, videos, and handout materials on a variety of topics and other homeschooling-related topics for our English- and Spanish- speaking homeschooling families.
- Being familiar with a broad spectrum of current homeschool curriculum, websites, bloggers, Youtubers, conferences etc. including review and research of new curriculum and resources in English and Spanish.
- Preparing email newsletters on relevant homeschool topics in both English and Spanish.
- Developing familiarity with the homeschooling requirements of each state.
- Interacting with HSLDA’s Facebook pages and other social media venues.
What You Need for This Position
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred. Master’s degree highly desired.
- Fluent in English with a native Spanish speaker’s knowledge and understanding of various North and South American cultures and communication styles.
- Excellent English and Spanish writing skills and grasp of spelling, grammar, syntax, and style.
- Excellent reading comprehension. Ability to take notes quickly for phone interpretation.
- Successfully homeschooled children through high school.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Office 365 etc., and in communicating via email, and other virtual venues and social media
- Must be a committed Christian and supportive of HSLDA’s mission to help homeschooling families provide the best educational experience for their children.
- Must be eligible to work in US.